Tuesday, August 24, 2010

For example if i breed a mini lop rabbit with a other breed will it give birth to both breeds?

For example I breed a mini lop with a completely different breed of rabbit which its ears don't lop. Will the Mini lop doe give birth to a rabbit with lop ears or ears that go up if the buck is a rabbit with ears that go up. Just asking this question to know don't give me answers like I shouldn't breed rabbits or purebred or crossbreed I'm just asking to question to knowFor example if i breed a mini lop rabbit with a other breed will it give birth to both breeds?
Hello,





Upright ears tend to be the 'Dominant' gene out of the two. However its a chance you could have 50/50 uprights %26amp; lop eared or 'semi' lops(One ear up one ear down). I bred one of my Mini Lop Bucks to a Dutch doe(they have upright ears) the WHOLE litter had upright ears,i had another litter,with the same Sire %26amp; Dam,same results except one kit which had a slight floppy ear. Depends on the breed with the upright ears,as crossing lop %26amp; Lionhead may end up with a few lops,since it tends to be in their genetics more. So yeah,you may have a whole litter of lops or a whole litter of Upright ears,or a bit of both.





Good luck! Oh %26amp; if you view my website on my profile(click on my name) you can see 2 of my Mini Lop x Dutch rabbits,on 'My Bucks'.xxxFor example if i breed a mini lop rabbit with a other breed will it give birth to both breeds?
It really depends on the genes. I have had two different breeds, one lop and one other, breed together, and some of the babies come out with lop ears, some with straight ears, and I think one time we actually had one that came out with ears that kinda were halfway between straight and down! So it just really depends on the genetics. But I would say your odds of getting lop and straight ears are 50/50, if both the male and female are purebred in their own individual breeds. Good luck and God Bless!
You could have some with lop ears, some with non lop ears and some with non lop ears that are floppy.
it would be a mix, 50/50

No comments:

Post a Comment