Saturday, August 21, 2010

My rabbit had 7 babies and they all died when should i re-bred her?

This is y rabbit's 4th litter the first litter died(that's common) in the other 2 litters they have all survived but one that got out of the nest box and got cold. I was wondering when i should re-bred her because all the other times i waited tell after she weaned them. just to let you know she is a mini Rex cross and is 3 years old.My rabbit had 7 babies and they all died when should i re-bred her?
You can rebreed her anytime, although I usually wait 2-3 days with mine if they have a dead litter. Does that I wean babies off of I usually rebreed 12 weeks after kindling (this gives the doe about a month break after weaning the kits).





Also if you are wanting to continue breeding rabbits I strongly suggest you get some quality purebred animals and consider joining the ARBA (American Rabbit Breeders Association). For a small membership fee they send you an EXCELLENT book that has invaluable information in it for anyone wanting to breed/raise rabbits. You will also get a monthly magazine that lists all the shows in every state. Shows are a great way to meet other breeders, gain information, find good quality breeding stock and have lots of fun :)My rabbit had 7 babies and they all died when should i re-bred her?
i know a lot about rabbits i breed mine and i have four and 2 litters soon and you could rebreed her soon just wait 2 weeks after you breed her if she had a litter already and they died then wait a month o kay
I would wait a few weeks for her to rest.





You really should not breed a mixed breed rabbit. There are enough rabbits in shelters that need homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment