Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Does my rabbit like me for food or as a friend?

Well, my baby bunny Ceyla follows me around EVERYWHERE. If I take her downstairs she gets some sort of food...but she also likes to screw around with my dog (my dog doesnt do anything so my bunny thinks its okay to chew on the hair between my dogs toes). So if im eating downstairs she will be all over the food, always trying to get some and I normally give in. So thats 1 reason I think she likes me for food. But every morning she wakes me up, gives me kisses, and sometimes she follows me even though I dont have food. I'm not sure if she just likes to be with me or likes me for food. What do you think? Please explain.Does my rabbit like me for food or as a friend?
She likes you and the food. She likes you because of the food too.Does my rabbit like me for food or as a friend?
When was the last time you saw him? I would wait two days and probably call him to see if he wants to just be friends.
I've had rabbits.


They like food of course, but your rabbit likes you for your company. Rabbits are social; they like to be with their friends. If yours is still a baby, she probably thinks of you as a mother too. And since she's with you, you become her friend as she grows up.


When a rabbit sees another rabbit eating, naturally it wants to join in. You are somewhat like another rabbit to her. Rabbits like to play and snuggle too.


When I had rabbits, the dogs used to play with them. The dog would bark for the rabbit to run. If the rabbit was in the mood, it would run around with the dog chasing it. It wasn't scared, so it only ran if it wanted to.
If your rabbit didn't like you, she wouldn't follow you around even for food. She'd hide from you or freeze, rabbits have to trust you to spend time with you willingly.
She is probably bonded to you like she would with another rabbit. Of course, she likes the food too. My rabbits will follow me around and groom me, but they also think their names are the sound I make when I shake their treat bag.
both you have a bond with the pet. but will hate you if didn't get food.
Rabbits are very social animals. She enjoys your company, but also associates you with food. If you had another rabbit that she bonded with you would see them grooming each other. Maybe she is ';grooming '; your dog as a way of trying to bond with the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment